Saturday, November 27, 2010

Be Nice! Days 3-4

Day 3: today i truly forgave someone that hurt me pretty badly. at first i thought this would be hard to do, because i was so sad about the situation at first. when i forgave her however, i felt as though a weight had been lifted off my chest, and i felt happy not to carry this heavy feeling in me anymore. it's so nice to not hang on to bad feelings, and now we're all good! secondly, i was at the climbing gym and cleaned up a puddle of water by the fountain that someone might have slipped on. and thirdly, i cleaned up my sister's dog's mess on the floor. normally i would ask her to do it, cuz let's face it, cleaning up dog mess is no picnic. but i decided to do it myself and saved her the trouble!

Day 4: today was Thanksgiving and i didn't have much opportunity to go out in public and perform acts of kindess. so, i decided to write emails to 3 people in my life, listing the 10 things i like and admire about them the most. we often appreciate little things in other people, and don't tell them often enough. my lists included things like:

- you stand up for other people and act with integrity
- you bring out the fun, playful side in others
- you're talented and have the potential and drive to create any life that you want
- you're incredibly generous, helpful and supportive
- you always smell good

i received an email back from one of my friends the next day, expressing her happiness and surprise upon reading my email :)

No comments:

Post a Comment