Thursday, December 16, 2010

Three successful events...

Whew! What a month!

I am delighted to report that all three fundraising events went splendidly this month! Our most recent event, the Comedy Night & Silent Auction, was a great success and the comedians were hilarious! A special thank you to Ryan, Joe and Angela for helping me organize. And of course, to Murphy's Pub for the use of their space! We raised over $1k and had a wonderful time doing so!

Now that the events are over, I will be spending the next few days making calls and writing emails to see what last donations we can bring in by 12/20! I will also be finishing up my Be Nice! campaign, so make sure to check in for my latest acts of kindess!

A very special thank you to all my friends who have been so generous with their time, helping me before, during and after all these events. You truly helped me stay positive and sane!

Many people have asked where I currently stand in my fundraising goal. So far we have raised over $4k in just one month! Not quite $20k, yet still enough to provide substantial aid to our 6 partner programs in South Africa. And of course, I'm not finished yet. I've got 4 more days before the deadline! Thanks again to everyone for helping me to raise funds for HIV prevention and education efforts in South Africa!

*If you'd like to make a donation, please click on the Donate Here link on the right hand side of this blog. Thanks!


No comments:

Post a Comment